Innovative Contracting Solutions (ICS) is a commercial general contractor specializing in retail, office, healthcare, senior living, and industrial projects throughout the Southeast. www.icsgc.com
The Assistant Project Management position as defined by the company entails functioning as adjunct to the project manager, completing tasks as assigned to ensure the completion of a quality project within the allowed budget and scheduled time frame, while maintaining consistent communication with the Construction Team .
- Maintain extensive knowledge of all drawings, plan documents, addendum, submittals, RFIs and subcontractor bids throughout the duration of a project.
- Maintaining records and logs (including, but not limited to phone, drawing, sketch, contract, etc)
- Completing RFQ and bid packages
- Developing and following a two week look ahead schedule
- Preparing and archiving meeting minutes
- Take-offs and estimating
- Participating in subcontractor and owner meetings
- Preparation and delivery of close out and owners manuals
- Other duties as assigned
- Procurement of subcontractors, vendors, labor and materials as necessary to achieve project goals, in terms of budget, schedule and quality.
- Accurately list all existing conditions, on a Site-Visit Report form, of a project job site and its surrounding areas.
- Have a thorough understanding of all owner and subcontractor contracts.
- Ensure a project’s schedule is initiated and maintained. Communicate and distribute revised schedules to all applicable parties throughout the project’s duration.
- Maintain consistent and professional correspondence, both verbally and by way of email/fax, with all client representatives, designers, subcontractors, vendors, co‐workers, etc.
- Prepare reports on progress along with materials used, and adjust work schedules as required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities; Adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes and requirements.
- Problem Solving ‐ Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
- Project Coordination ‐ Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on‐time and on‐budget.
- High Impact Communication ‐ Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas with internal/external business partners.
- Change Management ‐ Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively.
- Ethics ‐ Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability ‐ Be consistent and reliable in work hours as necessary to reach project goals.
- Planning/Organizing ‐ Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Safety and Security ‐ Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four‐year college or university; or three to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; and Microsoft Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.